AGAPE MISSIONARY CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE IS A 501(C) (3) NON-PROFIT MINISTRY ON THE PHILADELPHIA DISTRICT
Part I: The Purpose and Doctrine
A : The most essential thing about membership in the Missionary Agape Church of the Nazarene is: Members of the Church adhere strictly to the teaching of both the Old and New Testaments. 2 Timothy 3: 16- 17 2 Peter 1: 20-21
B : We exist for three(3) major reasons as follow: 1. The Agape Missionary Church of the Nazarene exists primarily to present Jesus Christ as the Savior of mankind to prepare the next generation of Christians in the nations Isaiah 53:4 - 6 John 3: 35 -36 John 14: 6 (our Church motto) Hebrews 2:9 -10 2 Timothy 2: 2 2. The Agape Missionary Church of the Nazarene exists to win lost souls for Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 18: 11 Matthew 28: 19-20 Mark 16:15-16 Luke 9:56 ; 19 :10; 24:45-49 John 20:19-20 Acts 1: 8 Isaiah 52:15 Romans 15:16-21 3.The Agape Missionary Church of the Nazarene exists to make Christlike disciples in the nations. John 15 : 1-8 Galatians 5 : 22-23. Philippians 1 : 11 Proverbs 19 :17
Part II: THE DOCTRINE OF THE CHURCH (ARTICLES OF FAITH) The Agape Missionary Church of the Nazarene adopts sixteen(16) major items from the Holy Bible as its Articles of Faith (Doctrine). These items are:
1. The Triune God 2. Jesus Christ of Nazareth 3. The Holy Spirit 4. The Holy Scriptures (the Holy Bible) 5. Sins (Original and Personal) 6. The Atonement of Jesus Christ 7. Pure Grace 8. Repentance 9. Justification,Regeneration, and Adoption 10. Entire Sanctification 11. The Church 12. Water Baptism 13. Divine Healing 14. The Second Coming of Jesus Christ 15. The Administration of the Lord's Supper 16. Resurrection,Judgement and Eternal Destiny
1. THE TRIUNE GOD We believe in one eternally existence,infinite God,Sovereign of the Universe;that He only is God, creative and administrative, holy in nature, attribute and purpose;that He as God, is Triune in essential being, revealed as Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:26-27; Leviticus 19:2; Deuteronomy 6:4-5; Isaiah 5:16; Isaiah 6:1-7;Isaiah 40:18-31 Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19-20; John 14: 6-27; I Corinthians 8:6 ;II Corinthians 13: 14; Galatians 4:4-6;Ephesians 2:13-18.
2. JESUS CHRIST We believe in Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Second Person of the Triune Godhead; that He was eternally one with the Father; that He became incarnated by the HOLY SPIRIT and was born of the Virgin Mary,so that the two whole and perfect natures, that is to say the Godhead and manhood, are thus united in one Person, very God,and very man the God- Man. We believe that JESUS CHRIST died for our sins and that He truly rosed from the dead and took again His body , together with all things appertaining to the perfection of man's nature, wherewith He ascended into Heaven and is there engaged in intercession for us.Matthew 1:20-25 ;Matthew 16:15-16; Luke 1:1-18; Acts 2:22-36; Romans 8:3,32-34; Galatians 4:4-5; Philippians 2:5-11; Colossians 1:12-22; I Timothy 6:14-16; Hebrews 1:1-5; 7:22-28; 9:24-28; I JOhn 1:1-3; 4:2-3, 15 . 3. THE HOLY SPIRIT We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the of the Triune Godhead, that He is ever present and efficiently active in the CHURCH of JESUS CHRIST, convincing the world of sin,regenerating those who repent and believe, sanctifying believers, and guiding into all truth as it is in JESUS CHRIST.John 7:39; 14:15-18; 16:7-15; Acts 2:33;15:8-9; Romans 8:1-27 Galatians 3:1-14; 4:6; Ephesians 3:14-21; I Thessalonians 4:7-8; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; 1 Peter 1:2; I John 1:24; 4:13
THE HOLY SCRIPTURES (THE HOLY BIBLE ) We believe in the plenary inspiration of the HOLY SCRIPTURES by which we understand the 66 (sixty-six) books of the Old and New Testaments given by divine inspiration, inerrant revealing the will of God concerning us in all things necessary to our salvation , so that whatever is not contained therein is not to be enjoined as an Article of Faith. Luke 24:44-47; John 10:35; I Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; I Peter 1:10-12; 2 Peter 1:20-21 . 5. SIN We believe that sin came into the world through the disobedience of our First parents( ADAM and EVE), and death by sin.We believe that sin is of two(2) kinds.These are : (A) ORIGINAL SIN Or DEPRAVITY We believe that original Sin is that corruption of the nature of all the offspring of ADAM and EVE by reason of which everyone is very far gone from original righteousness or the pure state of our First parents at the time of their creation, is averse to God is without spiritual life and inclined to evil, and that continually. Genesis 3; 6:5; Job 15:14; Psalm 51:5; Jeremiah 17:9-10; Mark 7:21-23; Romans 1:18-25; 5:12-14; 7:1-8; I Corinthians 3:1-4 Galatians 5:16-25; I John 1:7-8 . (B) PERSONAL SIN OR ACTUAL SIN We believe that Personal sin is voluntary violation of a known law of God by a morally responsible person.It is not to be confused with involuntary and shortcomings, infirmities, faults, mistakes, failures, or other deviations from a standard of perfect conduct that are the residual effects of the FALL.We believe that personal sin is primarily and essentially a violation of the law of love; and that in relation to CHRIST sin may be called unbelief.Matthew 22:36-40; John 8:34-36; 16:8-9; Romans 3:23; 6:15-23; Romans 8:18-24; 14:23 . 6. THE ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST We believe that JESUS CHRIST of Nazareth by His sufferings,by the shedding of His own blood and by His substitutionary death on the CROSS made a full atonement for all human sin and that this Atonement is the ONLY ground for salvation and that it is SUFFICIENT for every individual of ADAM race. Isaiah 53:5-6; 11; Matthew 20:28; Mark 10:45;Luke 24:46-48 ; John 1;29; 3:14-17; Acts 4:10-12; Romans 3:21-26; 4:17-25; 5:6-21; I Corinthians 6:20; 2 Corinthians 5::14-21; Galatians 1:3-4; Galatians 3:13-14; Colossians 1:19-23; I Timothy 2:3-6; Titus 2:11-14; Hebrews 2:9; 9:11--14; 13:12; I Peter 1:18-21; 2:19-25; I John 2:1-2
PURE GRACE We believe that the human race creation in godlikiness included ability to choose between right and wrong and that thus human beings were made morally responsible; that through the fall of ADAM they became depraved so that they cannot now turn and prepare themselves by their own natural strength and works to faith and calling upon God. But we also believe that the grace of God through JESUS CHRIST is freely bestowed upon all people, enabling all who will turn from sin to righteousness, believe on Jesus Christ of Nazareth for pardon and cleansing from sin, and follow good works pleasing and acceptable in His sight. Genesis 1:26-27; 2:16-17; Deuteronomy 28:1-2; 30:19; Joshua 24:15; Psalm 8:3-5; Isaiah 1:8-10; Jeremiah 31:29-30; Ezekiel 18:1-4; Micah 6:8; Romans 1:19-20; 5:12-14; 20a; 7:14-25; 6:15-16; Galatians 6:7-8; Job 14:4; 15:15; Acts 5:31; Romans 10:6-8; 11:22; I Corinthians 2:9-14; 2 Corinthians 5:18-19; Ephesians 2:8-10; Philippians 2:12-13; Colossians 1:21-23; 2 Timothy 4:10a; Titus 2:11- 14; Hebrews 2:1-3; 3:12-15; 6:4-6; 10:26-31; James 2:18-22; 2 Peter 1:10-11; 2:20-22
8 REPENTANCE We believe that repentance, which is a sincere and thorough change of the mind in regard to sin,involving a sense of personal guilt and a voluntary turning away from sin,is demanded of ALL who will repent the gracious help of penitence of heart and hope of mercy ,that they may believe unto pardon and spiritual life.2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalm 32:5-6; 51:1-17; Isaiah 55:6-7; Jeremiah 3:12-14; Ezekiel 18:30; 32; 33:14-16; Mark 1:14-15; Luke 3:1-14; 13:1-5; 18:9-14; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31;17:30-31;Romans 2:4; 2Corinthians 7:8-11 I Thessalonians 1:9; 2 Peter 3:9 9.JUSTIFICATION ,REGENERATION, AND ADOPTION
(A) JUSTIFICATION We believe that justification is the gracious and judicial act of God by which He grants FULL pardon of ALL guilt and complete release from the penalty of sins committed, and acceptance as righteous, to ALL who believe on JESUS CHRIST of Nazareth and receive Him as LORD and SAVIOR. Romans 1:17; 3:21-26, 28 ; 4:5-9, 17-25; 5:1,16-19; I Corinthians 1:30; 6:11; Philippians 3:3-9; I John 1:9 (B) REGENERATION We believe regeneration or new birth, is that gracious work of GOD whereby the moral nature of the repentant believer is spiritually quick- ened and given a distinctively spiritual life, capable of faith, love, and obedience.Romans 6:6 7:8; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; Titus 3:4-7; I Peter 1:23;
(C) ADOPTION We believe that adoption is also a gracious act of GOD by which the justified and born again believer is constituted a son of God. John 1:12-13; Galatians 4:4-7; Colossians 2:13; I John 3: 1-2
(10) ENTIRE SANCTIFICATION We believe that Entire Sanctification is the Act of God, subsequent to regeneration by which believers are made free from Original sin and brought into a state of entire devotement to GOD and the holy obedience of love and made perfect.It is wrought by the baptism with the Holy Spirit, and comprehends in one experience the cleansing of the heart from sin and the abiding, indwelling, presence of the Holy Spirit, empowering the believer for life and service.Entire Sanctification is provided only by the blood of JESUS CHRIST of Nazareth,is wrought instantaneously by faith preceded by entire consecration; and to this work and state of grace the Holy Spirit bears witness.Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:25-27; Malachi 3:2-3; Matthew 3:11-12; Luke 3:16-17; John 7:37-39; John 14:15-23; 17:6-20; Acts 1:5; 2:1-4; 15:8-9; Romans 6:11-13; 8:1-4; 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1; Galatians 2:20; 5:16-25.
(11) THE CHURCH We believe in the Church,the community that confesses JESUS CHRIST as LORD,the covenant people of God made new in CHRIST, the Body of CHRIST called together by the HOLY SPIRIT through the Word.GOD calls the Church to express its life in the unity and fellowship of the Spirit;in worship through the preaching of the Word, observance of the sacraments and ministry in HIS name;by the obedience to CHRIST and mutual accountability.
The mission of the Church in the world is redemptive work of Christ in the power of the Spirit through holy living,evangelism,discipleship and service.The Church is a historical reality, which organizes itself in culturally conditioned forms; exists as local congregations and as a universal body; sets apart person,called of GOD,for specific ministries.GOD calls the Church to live under HIS rule in anticipating of the consummation at the coming of our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. Exodus 19:3; Jeremiah 31:33;Matthew 8:11;10:7;16:13-19; 24; 18:15-20; John 17:14-26; 20:21-23; Acts 1:7-8; 2:32-47; 14:23;Romans 2:28-29;4:16; 10:9-15; 11:13-32;12:1-8; 15:1-3; I Corinthians 3:5-9; 7:17; 11:1;17-33; 12:3;12-31;14:26 - 40; 2 Corinthians 5:11;6:1; Galatians 5:6;13-14; 6:1-5, 15; Ephesians 4:1-17; 5:25-27;Philippians 2:1-16; I Thessalonians 4:1-12; I Timothy 4:13; Hebrews 10:25; I Peter 1:1-2, 13; 2:4-12; 4:1-2,10-11; I John 4:17; Jude 24; Revelation 5:9-10 . (12) WATER BAPTISM We believe that Christian baptism,commanded by our LORD, is a sacrament signifying acceptance of the benefits of the Atonement of JESUS CHRIST to be administered to believers and declarative of their FAITH in Jesus Christ as their Savior,and full purpose of obedience in holiness and righteousness.We administer water baptism by immersion. Matthew 3:1-7; 28:16-20; Acts 2:37-41; 8:35-39; 10:44-48;16:29-34;19:1-6; Romans 6:3-4; Galatians 3:26-28;Colossians 2:2-12; I Peter 3:18-22.
(13) THE ADMINISTRATION Of THE LORD SUPPER We believe that the Memorial and Communion Supper instituted by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is essentially a New Testament, declarative of His sacrificial blessings in Christ.It is distinctively for those who are prepared for reverent appreciative of its significance, and by it they show forth the Lord 's death till He come again.It being Communion feast,only those who have faith in Christ and have love, for the saints should be called to participate therein.Exodus 12:1-14; Matthew 26:26-29; Mark 14:22-25;Luke 22:17-20;John 6:28-58; I Corinthians 10:14-21; 11:23-32 . (14) DIVINE HEALING We believe in the Bible Doctrine of divine healing and urge our people to seek to prayer of faith for the healing of the sick.We also believe God heals through the means of medical science.2 Kings 5:1-19; Psalm 103:1-5; Matthew 4:23- 24, 9:18-35; John 4:46- 54; Acts 5:12-16 Acts 9:32-42;14: 8-15; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 2 Corinthians 12:7-10; James 5:13-16.